Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Expert September 2020 Ontario

Average price for hair + makeup

Emily, on August 15, 2019 at 15:54 Posted in Beauty 0 14
Hiya! Smiley smile

I’m wondering what the usual fee for hair and makeup would be for *simple* looks. I have a hair dresser who said approx 50 each bridesmaid, but my makeup artist will be a family member who is a professional... I’m not sure what to expect for pricing. I was told we would get it “cheap” but i also don’t want to rip her off as she is super talented!!

I added a pic of the hair and makeup I am going for so you have a better idea Smiley smile

Hair, maybe a braid addedAverage price for hair + makeup 1Makeup, simple and delicateAverage price for hair + makeup 2

Thanks ladies Smiley smile

14 Comments

Latest activity by Katrin, on August 18, 2019 at 20:13
  • Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone charges differently. Each of our bridesmaids are paying $100-$150 (for both makeup and hair) depending on hair length and I'm paying $150. My fiancee is paying $125.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Interesting! Good to know for sure. I’m comfortable enough with makeup that I wouldn’t ever pay someone that much to do my own, but my bridesmaids will have theirs done for sure. I do have 2 hairdressers in my family as well so I’ll need to explore that route as well! Thanks for the feedback Smiley smile
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

People charge a standard fee- doesn't matter how complicated makeup can be or not. Typically bridal makeup is more than bm makeup. anywhere from 70-100 for bridal. Also same with hair. My bm pay 50 for hair and 60 for makeup. I pay 75 for hair and 100 for makeup.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh I hope that goes smoothly girl!🙏
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love it! I definitey trust their work, it is a smaller town so that may be why!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so happy to hear this!!🙏
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m getting married in my small home town so everything is cheaper haha 😅
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!☺️
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $50 sounds right. That’s what I’m paying for my girls. 50 for hair and 50 for makeup. This was the cheapest in the area that I found. Everyone wanted somewhere close $200 for bridesmaids which is unreal!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$50 is really reasonable IMO!

Make up for each girl is $60 and hair is $40-$60 depending on symplicity of style.

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just got a quote for $499 for brides hair and make up 🙃 soooo ya haha but otherwise the quotes I have been getting for hair are around 150-175. So 50 is a freaking steal! Go get er!!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The HMUA that I booked is charging us $90 per person for hair and $90 per person for makeup and they were the cheapest quote for one company doing both that I found. $50 per person that you were quoted is a great price!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your make up look is exactly the inspo I used for my engagement photos with my MUA!

The person who quoted you is pretty cheap compared the quotes I received for a MUA from Toronto.

If you know their work and like what they do then I say go for it!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well my BM is doing our hair for free (she is my FH's cousin as well as my BM), but one of the guys in the friend group is married to a girl who does makeup and she offered to do ours for $50/each? I assume it would cost more but I didn't ask as I have no intention of having her near me more than I have to (Background long story short - used to date my FH).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics