Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie February 2020 Ontario

Australia wedding.

Shannon, on January 16, 2020 at 18:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
I feel like this is a long shot. My fiancé and I are both Canadian. I am wanting to elope in Australia (its a long story) Does anyone know how I can go about that? Had anyone done it themselves? I tried to look it up online and I kept getting a variety of answers. Not sure where to start.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on January 17, 2020 at 09:55
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you live in Canada youd have to sign papers here and then have a party/reception there. if you want to do the ceremony there youd have to call the Australian government and ask them specifically cuz youll have to get the paper work and file it there and file copies in Canada as well to prove your married.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First thing to consider is finding out about marriage license and certificate wise. Then having a resort to book or holiday spot. Though right now it doesn't look good to travel there and may have to wait on conditions to recover. Then plan for the elopement.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The easiest thing would be to get legally married in Canada and have a symbolic ceremony in Australia.

You would still need to find a company to get the details (photos, flowers, etc) together or find all the vendors yourself in which case I would see if you can find an Australian bridal group like ours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics