Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Are you writing your own vows?

Joey, on November 29, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 12

Who here is writing your own vows? Do you need help? Need inspiration? Need critiques? Don't be shy, we're here to help! Smiley smile

Are you writing your own vows? 1

Photo by Naturally Captured in Toronto

12 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 19, 2017 at 11:15
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely want to write our own vows.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have finally decided to go with traditional vows for the ceremony.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bahaha! That will be me! Im gonna get like 5 words into my vow and just start bawling. I will not be surprised if i have to cut it short because of crying too hard haha
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely a great idea to keep your notes on it! That way you don't forget things later when you are writing it! I love all the notes I have on wedding things so far (I just find I lose track of them and have to find them again! 😜)
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is very cute! I may need to use this idea! I'd be nervous to say all of my feelings in front of his family! I mean they know I love their son but I'd just be nervous the way I say it! 😋
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No we will just be doing traditional vows repeated back. We may write each other letter to represent "vows". He isn't very good at saying things out loud especially in front of a crowd so I'm going to make it easy on us lol
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would love to have our own written vows but I'm not sure I could read them out loud at the ceremony because I don't think I'll be able to stop crying
  • Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've looked at sample vows online and with the help of our officiant. I think we're going to end up choosing a similar layout/script but tailoring them to each of us. Like "I love the way you _______" and "I promise to always_____". Hoping it works out! Still haven't decided if we will fill in the blanks together or have it be a surprise 😊
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve thought about it and I would really love to do this, but my fiancé is a little shy. The best part is, he’s great with words. Fingers crossed on us writing our own vows
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we wrote our own vows.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did write our own vows but we did not read them at the ceremony because we are way too shy. We read them before the ceremony. I was nervous about writing them as I have a lot of thoughts but I always have a hard time coherently expressing them. But I kept it simple and included some inside joke/memories we have and he did as well. We almost wrote the exact same thing haha
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a document on my computer that I add to every once and a while, but I am nervous to write my own vows. I know it is something I want to do but oh man!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics