Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you wearing a veil?

Lynnie, on August 13, 2018 at 13:11 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 26

Are you going to wear a veil on your wedding day? Why or why not?

(And show yours off if you've already picked it out!)

Are you wearing a veil? 1

Photo from Modern Squared Bridal in Lethbridge

For more about veils and wedding day accessories check out: Your Guide to Wedding Veil Styles, Wedding Hair Accessories Glossary , and How to Build Your Bridal Ensemble .

26 Comments

Latest activity by Lor, on August 20, 2018 at 15:10
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will not. We are having a rustic ranch wedding, and i just dont see it going with my dress and my hair. Since our ceremony is outside, i dont want to spend the whole time swatting the veil out of my face to see my husband lol

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I opted for a finger-tip veil with lace trimming. I hadn’t given it much thought going in, but the one I chose looked great with the dress.
  • Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% me also!
    It helped also that my veil was very much on sale lol

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Initially i had zero intentions of wearing a veil, I was more interested in having a beautiful hair piece to show-off. When i tried on dresses and found "the one" they put a veil on me and it was the first time i understood what it meant to feel bridal and i know it is making my mom very happy that i changed my mind. Now I will wear a veil for the ceremony and rock a beautiful hair piece for the rest of the evening

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am still super torn about wearing a veil, I hadn't even considered it until I went dress shopping. I will probably wait until my first fitting to decide.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will indeed! (as long as it looks good Smiley tongue) I've always liked the whole "reveal" where your veil gets flipped up Smiley laugh

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can't decide if i want to or not. But i did buy one just incase. I got a simple 1 layer cathedral veil.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have planned on doing a birdcage veil but maybe for the reception. I MIGHT get fingertip veil for the ceremony and half the photos but I dunno yet. My MOH wants to do one of those goofy pictures where she's trapped until my veil lol

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hadn’t originally cared too much about a veil until I tried one on with my dress and fell inlove with the look

Are you wearing a veil? 2

Are you wearing a veil? 3
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had always planned on not wearing one, but when I went to try on dresses, I fell in love with the way it looked with a veil, so I choose to purchase one. It was fingertipped length and I wore it for the ceremony and a few photos.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was adamant of not wearing one but I found one dirt cheap online so I ordered it. If I don't like it then I'm not going to worry about it if I like it then even better spent like $12 on it haha

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am wearing a veil, I just think they are beautiful and change up the look once you take it off for the reception if you're only doing one dress. When in your life are you going to be able to wear one again?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore my mother's veil for my wedding.

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to wear a cathedral veil for my wedding to make the look more grand since my dress doesn't have too much of a train!

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won’t be. This is a second wedding for me. I’ve decided to go with the traditional wedding dress but I won’t be doing a veil.

My first wedding i had a cathedral length veil. I loved how it looked for the ceremony and pictures. It detached from my headpiece so I took it off for the reception.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't found exactly what I am looking for yet but I plan on wearing a veil in the back without a blusher I think.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so special!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely! My mum rented her wedding dress but bought her veil so I remember being a little girl trying on her veil and the flower headdress. I’ve always pictured myself wearing a veil. I don’t know that I’ll wear hers but depending on the dress I get it’s a possibility.
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will definitely be wearing a veil. I love how they look and want a dress with a long train and with a long veil
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've going back and forth about this for a while now. I think I'll wait until I have found a dress to decide whether to get a veil or nah.

• Jurenda
    Newbie November 2018 Ontario
    Jurenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing a veil as well : )

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes I will be wearing a veil, only time I get the chance to wear one Smiley smile!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes yes yes. It's the one and only day ever I would wear one... I'd regret not doing it. Plus for the aisle/ceremony I think it completes the bridal look. My dress has a big beautiful train, so I want a sheer, plain, cathedral length veil to compliment it.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes - I wanted a cathedral length veil but it just doesn't go with my dress. So I'm doing a fingertip length veil I'm making; my mom is going to bead the edges for me (she did the same to my sisters, as well).

I am also wearing a blusher over my face - I didn't want/plan on it originally but my fiancé specifically asked if I would wear one. He actually wanted to have that moment where he lifts it from my face to kiss me. How could I say no to such a sweet request!?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did! I wore my mom's veil! The best pic I have of it is when I tried it on with the sample dress (my mom did take off the lacy headpiece though!):

Are you wearing a veil? 4

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Doubtful. I honestly never envisioned myself in a veil on my wedding day, so it would be wasted on me. PLUS, I really don't like those pictures of a bride and groom posed under the veil.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics