Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷

Cliodhna, on January 16, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18

Engagement photos are a great opportunity to capture some beautiful, professional photos of you and your fiancé(e) to have forever. It’s also a great way to get to know your photographer, practice poses, and shake out your camera nerves!

Do you and your fiancé(e) plan on taking engagement photos? Are they included as part of your wedding package? If you’ve already had your e-session, feel free to share your favorite photo below 📷

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 1
Photo by Julia Kinnunen

18 Comments

Latest activity by Darren, on February 15, 2020 at 09:55
  • Darren
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in August & our photographer Val @ Mango Studios we amazing. Our pictures have been used for over welcome sign & guest book
    Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 2
    Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 3

• Candice
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have engagement photos that come with our photographer that we still have to book, however my little sister is also a photographer and we went out back in November and took some fun shots. We ended up loving them and have even used one for our save the dates. The photos turned out so great i wouldn’t let her edit them because I like the natural look better.
    Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 4Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 5

• Samantha
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, we took engagement photos. My photographer had it in her package!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Realistically you can get them done anytime. My fiancé and I also had a long engagement... which means you get to pick which season you want to do your pics in.

We originally wanted to do fall but never got around to it. I’m going to do mine in February since I’ll be going for my hair and make up trial. Our wedding is in August. Again tho... given that your wedding isn’t till 2021 it’s really nice because it gives you time to plan. Plus we will be using one of ours as our thank you pic lol.
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 6Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 7 Yup - they were included in our photography package otherwise I don’t think I would have had them done. But I’m glad I got them done now that I’ve received the pictures - when I was trying to find a photo for our wedding website before we did them I couldn’t find any pictures where my fiancé either didn’t have red eyes or was wearing a T Shirt with some dumb saying on it or something. It’s nice to have nice non wedding photos of the two of us and it’s also a good chance to get to know your photographer before the wedding and get used to posing.

It was November when we did ours so we chose to do them in an indoor conservatory.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such a cute pic!! we did ours in the summer at edward gardens it was so beautiful!!!!!!!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did ours about a year before the wedding. I wanted to do them for save the dates and to have professional photos of DH and I

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 8

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 9

It's also fun to look back at my dark red hair now that I'm blonde lol

• Honeylie
    Frequent user August 2021 Quebec
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Alana! and Congratulations Smiley heart

• Alana
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are also getting married in 2021 and we had ours done this past October (engaged in August). We wanted to celebrate our engagement and we had already booked our photographer (they were included in our package). We may have a few more done next summer but I love that we did them not long after getting engaged as we have so long to wait for the wedding!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got our engagement photos about a year ago in a park because we wanted winter engagement photos to go with our winter wedding.
    Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 10Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 11
    Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 12
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was so excited for engagement photos, I cannot imagine not doing them.

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 13Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 14Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 15Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 16Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 17Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 18
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours were included in our package which was awesome because it allowed us to get to know her and her style. We also used the photos for our save the dates!
    Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 19
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is included in our photo package so we did our shoot at the end of August so we could use one for our Save the Dates.

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 20

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got them done the winter after we got engaged so that they would be at the same place I proposed as well as during the winter so that we had pictures in the winter and fall for the wedding Smiley smile

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 21

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 22

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 23

Tope 3 pics... couldn't pick just one!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not going to get them done. I'm not really thrilled at the idea of wedding photos lol. I've made myself get in pictures with my children over the years because one day they will want them but I don't enjoy having my picture taken at all.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations on your engagement!
    I don't think there is a too soon. Once you have a photographer lined up for your big day it's a great way to meet them and get used to one another, after all this is a glorified stranger that will document adorable engaged displays of PDA...
    Ours made my fiance so comfortable, I'm over the moon with how genuine both of our smiles are in our photos. It gave me so much extra faith in their ability to capture our wedding day. With a longer engagement some people like to spread out the milestones so you have little things to look forward to along the way, so there's no shame in waiting either!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our engagement photos last May!! We did them downtown Toronto at Osgoode Hall.

Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 24Are you taking engagement photos? 📷 25

• Honeylie
    Frequent user August 2021 Quebec
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want to do engagement photos! But how soon is too soon? My fiance and I are getting married in may 2021 !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics