Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Are you showing off or covering up your tattoos?

Joey, on November 24, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Beauty 0 14

Will you be displaying your tattoos on your wedding day? Have you chosen an outfit that will frame them and display them? Or will you be covering your tattoos, either with your attire or with makeup?

Will anyone be getting tattooed instead of, or in addition to, exchanging rings?

Are you showing off or covering up your tattoos? 1

Photo by Phillippe Mariages FSEV Weddings in Mirabel, Quebec

Are you showing off or covering up your tattoos? 2

Photo by Trish E. Photography in Edmonton

14 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on May 11, 2018 at 11:30
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a rather large one that spans from just below my right shoulder to the bottom of that shoulder blade (width wise ribs to just right of my spine) and I am going to show it off! Hoping for a back low enough like the picture in the original post to have it fully showing.

It's a raven with roses so I don't think there will be too much risk of anyone getting offended...lol.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The one on my wrist won’t be covered.

The one on my back may be, but unintentionally...(haven’t gone dress shopping yet.)

If I had a sleeve or something bigger:more visible, I would choose to just let it be.
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Undecided. I have a forearm tattoo that’s in the process of being removed so hoping to have that complete before the wedding. That one is my main concern.

As I’m well tatted, I’m still debating if I want to cover them with a wedding dress sleeve, make up coverup or just wear them loud and proud. My FH doesn’t have any tattoos so we make quite the pair!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 3 tattoos, a small simple one on my wrist which I am showing off because it is for my grandpa. My second one is on my back and is an outline of elephants which I will be leaving because it is also simple. My third one is on my forearm and it is a very colourful tattoo so I will be covering it up just so it doesn't take away from anything will how bright it is.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of them won't show (back and calf), but the ones on my wrist will definitely make an appearance!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely showing off! I love my tattoos and they are apart of me. I'm hoping to have my sleeve complete or at least close to by my wedding too! I think it'll you've got it flaunt it lol I will also be choosing a dress that won't cover them or a part of them, if possible. And for the tattoo rings, not mine or my fiance's style but it's a cute concept.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Two of mine won’t show, but I’ll be showing the other two!

I have the Venus symbol on my neck and a semi colon on my wrist. They’re a part of me so they’ll be a part of my day!
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be covering mine, simply because the neckline if the dress cuts across the shoulder one in a weird way, but also because the theme is Beauty and the Beast so the pictures will look a little more timeless and classic without my tattoos
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely showing mine off! They are way too hard to hide. The first dress I tried on had sleeves and my tattoos looked stupid under them. My fiance is an electrician apprentice so he won't be able to wear a wedding band after our wedding so his idea was to get Mr. and Mrs. tattooed on our ring fingers after the wedding.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be showing mine off. Theres no way around hiding mine...I have one thats very visible on my wrist, which is my daughters name and I would never cover it. And I also have to very large roses on my left shoulder. Very hard to cover those unless I get a dress that covers my arms and comes up to my neck lol

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it would depend on the dress I picked and the style I was going for! I don't have tattoos but I believe it's just really dependent on what one is going for!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have one tattoo on my arm and I wasn't about to cover it up! I got photos of it actually as one of my bridesmaids has the exact same tattoo (we got them together)!

Tattoo photoAre you showing off or covering up your tattoos? 3

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have any tattoos but if I did I would not try to cover them up. You get tattoos for a reason and they are part of who you are so why try to hide them on your big day.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have one visible one - on my foot. And I made no attempt to cover it up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics