Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you inviting friends you haven't seen recently?

Lynnie, on November 4, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

Decisions, decisions!! How far are you reaching back in your friendships? Are you inviting friends you haven't seen in a few years? Is your wedding turning into a reunion or did you stick with the most important friends in your life right now?

Are you inviting friends you haven't seen in awhile?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Next Question: Are you inviting your officiant to the reception?

Back to the Beginning: Who made your guest list?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 13:45
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the most part the friends we are inviting are all people we see at least once or twice a year. Some of our friendships are strong even if we don't see each other all the time

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did. I grew up in a different province than where I live now. And I grew up with this group of families. I talk with the girls a lot more than the guys and their parents, but wanted to invite the whole families anyway.
  • Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only having friends we talk to currently. If we haven't seen them or talked to them in the past 6 months there was no invite.

• Samantha
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! But only the friends who I feel have had a major impact on my life journey because those are the people who I want to share the special moment with.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. That's kindof how I roll. I stay in touch with some older friends (from about 1-2 years ago) but they're not really local so we don't spend a lot of time together anymore. FH is also inviting some friends he grew up with as well as some old school friends but he's since kindof lost touch with.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes and No. There are a few people that have stayed in contacts with large gaps (3-4 times per year) but we both have extremely weird schedules and are fighting a 3-5 hour time difference. It's not really about frequency, but who we still have a meaningful connection with

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really, I've tried to cut them out and keep in the ones that have made the effort over time
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a couple of friends I don't see very much because of the distance but they're both coming so that's awesome

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, we stuck with people we see or at least speak to regularly. There is distance for some of the friendships, but we all speak to each other on a regular basis.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes and No.

Yes in 1 close friend who came to attend my wedding and brought a friend instead of her husband.

No because 2 ended up deceivingly came on their own terms. 1 guest was invited as a single until notified by text that his boyfriend and mother were coming for the dinner on our cost. He ended up not having to be our friend anymore and never spoken when seen. Another was invited due to lack of declines and husband wanted her there. He was warned that if she did come, there would be no welcome neither spoken a word to her in my presence. The evening was just as she was trying to mend things with me by following as a puppy dog.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No. Anyone we havnt seen in the past year wasnt invited. They can come for the party but not the dinner
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some yes. My husband and I both moved far from our hometowns and wanted to connect with some of our old friends from when we lived back south.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some yes, some no!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not inviting any friends i dont currently talk too. if i dont talk to them before my wedding i wont talk to them after my wedding so therefore theyre not invited!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mostly if we've seen them or talked to them within the past 4 years and feel that they would make the day more special they're invited.

I've lost touch with a lot of friends from high school who I always thought would be at my wedding, but we haven't spoken in too long and it just adds to the catering cost at that point

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope. Family only. Made it really easy when it came to which friends to invite and which ones not to!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A couple of really close ones.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Kelsie we will be having people I haven’t seen in a while since I moved from my hometown. But that doesn’t mean we don’t talk or keep in touch through the various forms of communication now a days.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Only the more important ones. Sometimes distance means you don't see people anymore, or your lives are different, but you're still close.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did, but not all of them.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I considered inviting some friends from high school that I fell out of touch with a bit but still keep in contact with via social media, but I chickened out because I was scared it would be awkward.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I contemplated it - but we are only just now talking (we had a bad falling out about 4 years ago) so it would have come out of left field.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am inviting one friend from the past she is moving back to ontario so I'm hoping it will make it possible for her to come. She is the type of friend who even if I dont see her for five years we pick up like it was yesterday.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! life gets busy and we can't always see people, especially if they live far away. We have many guests coming over from England that we wouldn't have seen in 1-2 years, and guests from Poland - one family i've never met.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics