Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you inviting extended family?

Lynnie, on November 20, 2017 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

This week we're finding out all about your guest list, and who made the cut!

Time to spill! Who's in and who's out?

Are you inviting extended family? Did they make the cut?

giphy.gif

>> Next question: Are you inviting new boyfriends and girlfriends?

To start from the beginning, click here: The Guest List: Who's in and who's out?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on June 13, 2018 at 11:56
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, we both are.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would have except mu mom's side is big and couldn't invite all her family overseas. That would have been close to 30 more people.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am, but FH isn't. I only have two first cousins, but my grandma has a million siblings and the whole gang gets together a lot. I have some third cousins I'm really close to.

My FH on the other hand has 42 FIRST cousins so I'm not letting him invite any others lol.

• Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aunts and uncles and cousins otherwise its all friends. We are having a small wedding so its the people we are closest with

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins... and it's already a huge guest list, no more family than that!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just the brother of my future mother in law, she is really close to him, and although he lives in the States, he would be really happy to come Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had 2 couples come to the wedding who are extended family. My mom had asked me to please invite them and I said alright because they didn't have any other say in the guest list, and I did spend a lot of time with the 2 couples who came, when I was a child.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not really but that's pretty easy since we both have one side of our families we don't speak to lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A few 2nd cousins but mostly close friends and family. We don't want a huge guest list.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes of course!! Can't forget about them! Only 2nd cousins though! Not really any further than that unless we are close!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aunts and uncles and two cousins I'm close to.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To keep things small, we restricted the list to aunts, uncles and first cousins only with respect to family...we could have gone way bigger if we didn't draw the line there!

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're inviting first cousins. The only family further than that is two great aunts.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we are inviting extended family, but again they live overseas and won't be attending, but its just nice to extend the invite.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. If I invited my extended family it would be a 200+ guest wedding. My husband invited his aunt, uncle and cousin because they are the only ones who live remotely close to us and he doesn't have a big family. We did invite his other and and uncle but they live in South Africa and Australia so we knew they definitely wouldn't come anyway
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we have invited extended family but they are not coming because they live over seas.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Weve pretty much kept it to immediate family (siblings, parents and step parent, niece and nephews), grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and some great aunts and uncles. Annd just that is about 85 people Smiley atonished but most of our family is from out of town... Washinton, Gabriola island (off vancouver island), okanagan, Edmonton, ontario or new brunswick. Actually we have no family other than immediate closer rhan a couple hours away... So we are expecting a large portion of them to not make it out for the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics