Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Are you DIYing your favours?

Cliodhna, on February 24, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in DIY 0 24

Have you decided to do favours? If so, are you taking the time to craft them yourself? Or outsourcing this to a trusted vendor?

Are you DIYing your favours?

Are you DIYing your favours? 1

Photo from Pinterest

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

If you missed any questions, you can see them all linked here: DIY or Buying It?

On a roll? Check out our recent games: Traditional or Twist?, Love On The Brain!, and Let me upgrade you!

24 Comments

Latest activity by Katelyn, on August 29, 2020 at 05:56
  • K
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will absolutely share one when I have them done!
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t doing favours solely on the fact that SO many guests forget to take them and they go to waste. I attended a wedding last summer, the bride gave wine glasses with their wedding date on it (she made all of them with her cricut) out of a table of 10 my fiancé and I were the only ones who took the glasses.
    Therefor we are doing a candy bar! That way if people want to take some they can, if not, I will gladly take the left overs Smiley winking
  • Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love your idea, really cute. I would love to see pictures.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Likely ordering the choclate truffles but will put them together ourselves!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were ordering our own favors buut they will be custom!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We totally made our own wedding favours. We made a spice mix and put them all into mason jars.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a straight up bought. Mini-Chocolates from the Newfoundland Chocolate Factory. I'm secretly hoping a far amount of them get left behind. Smiley winking

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes. Our favours were our centrepieces
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    YES!!!! We're making a family favourite recipe of sponge toffee and cutting a 2x2 or 3x3 square and putting it in a cute box with a printed note and our monogram 😁
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We worked with a small local olive oil boutique to create a paring of one mini bottle of orange includes olive oil and a dark chocolate infused balsamic vinegar . The shop gave us cello bags to put all the bottles in which took like 15 minutes and we are going to get some ribbon in our wedding colours and attach a premade thank you tag. So 50/50 but again I’d still say bought
  • K
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went back and forth on favours and decided we’d DIY them to cut down on cost. My fiancé and I both share a love for coffee as do many of our guests so we will be doing 4oz mason jars filled with coffee beans and topped with burlap and a “Thank you for bean here” tag. For the kiddos we opted for customized M&M’s in mason jars as well.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing favours at our wedding. We both thought that they are an old tradition and not everyone takes them so it ends up being money wasted. We are doing a candy bar instead because that way if there are any leftovers, we can still enjoy them after the wedding.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to have a candy bar. So I guess even our guests have to DIY. Are you DIYing your favours? 2
    Candies in red, pink and silver ☺ I cant wait to set it up.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Aunt did my favours. So the DIY was all her. She made little boxes and I just had to provide the chocolate for inside!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! buying, but supporting a family friends small business
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am making pumpkin pie tarts so yes DIYing these.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No - we bought these too LOL

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought custom wrapped chocolate bar. I debated buying just the wrappers online and then buying chocolate bars from Costco and wrapping them ourselves, but the extra cost to have them pre done wasn't too high and was worth it to save the work.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that I am going to include my favour, a packet of seeds, when i send my thank you cards. So i will be buying the seeds but making a little label for the package.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, our favours are going to be our favourite snacks!

I've designed the labels from the same company as our invitations and bought treat bags from Amazon, we're going to wait until the week of the wedding to get the food, but it's just going to be snacks from bulk barn

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours was sort of a mish mash of DIY and store bought lol I bought FH's and my favourite chocolate bars then packaged them together and made my own tags
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Favours we are still unsure if we are doing them or not. We are thinking of having bonsai trees apart of our centrepieces and giving them away at the end of the night so we may just buy extras so everyone gets one
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kindof. I bought jars from Amazon and printed some stickers from Vistaprint but I put together little tags myself and will get coffee and tea from Bulk Barn.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Somewhat - but mostly no. We bought blankets from ikea as our favours and all we did was take the plastic case off of them and tie them with ribbon

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics