Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alix
Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan

Anyone in Saskatchewan postone their June wedding?

Alix, on April 4, 2020 at 06:47 Posted in Saskatchewan 0 5
Has anyone in Saskatchewan made the decision to postpone their wedding? Ours is on June 20th and the topic has come up but I was really trying to stay positive and hopeful that we wouldn't have to and now I dont know what to do.

I love the date we chose and I really dont want to change it! But no one could've seen a pandemic coming.
It was just starting to get to the exciting events like the bridal shower and hair appointments etc. And now I just find myself crying all the time not knowing what to do. I'm finding it harder to stay positive.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 12:17
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not in your area but i would consider postponing. ontario has banned all meetings of over 5 people....

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Things aren't going the way we want it right now with the pandemic happening. Consider your options first to know if your date can be moved by the venue and vendors. Later in the year or next year is something you can work with to put more savings aside and wait until the green light is cleared to continue making your plans for trials and pre wedding functions postponed.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the problem we have - our venue has essentially no dates left for 2020 except two in the winter - we don't want a winter wedding - the dresses and everything we've chosen are a summer aesthetic. Plus we spent a lot of money on invites and we just don't have the finances to do everything again Smiley sad. Plus to wait another year? We just want to get our lives started at this point LOL.

So we would be cancelling ours completely if our July date can't go ahead - we'll still get married but we won't have a reception.

I would reach out to your venue and get their feel on what's happening and what they can offer - not necessarily to change your date, as I think you still have some time before making a final decision, but at least put them on notice if in the beginning of May things aren't better perhaps they can give you some alternate dates. My bridal shower venue was really good.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We haven't reached out to our venue yet. Our photographers sent us an email with some options. They book up really fast though, so they are pretty limited for dates this year.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you reached out to your venue? What were their thoughts?

I did this for my bridal shower and they had no cancellations 2 weeks ago to give me another date, but last week two people cancelled and I was able to get a different date for a month and a half later.
    I really, really hope we see some progress here by end of April and all events can go on as planned in June and July!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics