Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacey
Frequent user October 2019 Ontario

Anyone else having wedding nightmares?

Stacey, on March 31, 2018 at 23:23 Posted in WeddingWire 0 19
What has your wedding nightmare or fear been about?

lately I am having nightmares that on the day of it is the worst rain storm of the season. For someone who is planning on an outdoor ceremony, it is becoming my biggest fear!!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on April 18, 2018 at 16:39
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha. I'm with you on this one! I've even said we're having our rehearsal w/dinner earlier in the week because our wedding party (us included) are fairly big drinkers and I don't want anyone even slightly hungover the day of.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m with you! I’ve already had a few nightmares and I’m still more than a year out! It’s always about stuff falling apart: decorations, hair, makeup, relationships, etc. I can only hope they lessen as we become more prepared!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My only fear is that my fiance's groomsmen will take him out to party the night before the wedding... I have already asked them NICELY Smiley smile to please plan something a FEW nights before as I really don't want him to be hungover the day of ahah!

Paying for that open bar he better use it!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We all have wedding nightmares during different stages of planning. Don't worry too much about things beyond your control and just have back-up plans for everything.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve had some extremely embarrassing ones, as well as ones that were so horrifying I spent hours after waking incredibly stressed out! Luckily I’ve had only a good one since, but I definitely feel your pain!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had 2 but neither of them seemed real (or would actually happen!) Your dreams are really made up of things that happen, you think about, or see or read throughout your day. So, just because your wedding is a nightmare in your dreams does not mean it will turn out that way! If something comes up in your dream though, just take steps to prepare against that (buying umbrellas, for instance).

The first dream I had was a friend made a public event on Facebook for my wedding and someone I haven't talked to since high school said she was coming and I freaked out because there wasn't space for her. (It's kind of funny now because people who were invited but we didn't think would come have said they are coming so we are probably going to be tight for space!)

The second one my fiance called off the wedding. I was really upset because I wasn't going to get to wear my dress! It made me laugh when I woke up because that would not be the worst thing about him calling off the wedding!

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I get them. I had my first nightmare, I’d say about 9 months before the wedding... I think I’ve had 7 of them now. And I’ve found that they’ve been becoming more frequent the closer we get to the day. Mostly they’re about stuff not being ready, or people not showing up (photographer, my dad; those were 2 big ones), or we get to the day before he wedding and absolutely nothing is done. It’s kinda insane sometimes.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My most recent wedding nightmare was that I went to get my hair cut and they did these horrible layers. Like layers of bowl cuts. Straight across. I was so upset.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup! My wedding isn't until October 2019 but I do get them: venue was suddenly double booked, my dress went missing, people who declined all of the sudden showed up, FH was late getting there. I've had a few lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

ALL THE TIME! They get worse the sooner you get to the day.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg yes! I had one last week that I forgot it was my wedding day and was late and had to reschedule because too much time had gone by!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve had so many! They are always little things that could go wrong (rain, my FH wearing really awful shoes, guests hijacking the ceremony, etc.)
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used to do musical theatre and in the weeks before opening night, I would ALWAYS without fail, get terrible nightmares that everything in the show fell to crap. I think it's an adrenaline thing. You've worked so hard on this one day for so long that there's so much pressure on it, and your brain in concocting worst case scenarios Smiley smile It will all work out okay. I promise. Because even IF it rains terribly, you'll still be married to the love of your life Smiley smile Hang in there!
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just had one that I forgot to confirm time with my makeup/hair lady and she never showed up!
    Also has one that none of the groomsmen (and groom) showed up ready and forgot a bunch of stuff. lol! 26 more days to go!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding isn’t until May 2019 but they’ve already started. It’s weird because I don’t feel stressed at all in waking hours. But I’ll have dreams that my dress isn’t there, or it’s stained, my makeup and hair isn’t done or is falling apart at the ceremony, my flower bouquet or decorations fall apart, no one is paying attention to the ceremony, my FH sees me before the big reveal and his response is underwhelming, and the worst: we forgot to hire a photographer and videographer. I’m hoping the more we plan, the less nightmares I’ll have!
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    None. im wayyyyyy too excited to be having nightmares.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a dream where I didn't have my dress, someone was supposed to drop it off and they didn't. In the same nightmare my friend ended up getting married at my wedding because I refused to get married without my dress.. which is actually the worst thing I could think of happening st this point
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding isn't till June 2019 so no fears or nightmares for me. Maybe closer to the time but I'm pretty sure I'll just accept anything that goes wrong the day off because something always goes wrong and I've accepted that. There is nothing we can do the day of except make the best of it. I do agree that anyone with an outdoor wedding is probably terrified of the weather especially since it's impossible to plan around this far in advance and we can't control it. The barn we are getting married in doesn't cover the sound of rain at all so during the ceremony we will need volume full blast in the mics lol try not to lose sleep over it, it's something you can't control. As long as you have a back-up plan and that goes smoothly then you're all good 😊
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had one about a month or so ago. My family chose to sit wherever they wanted to and disregarded my seating chart completely and they sat with each other while the rest of the guests scrambled to find any seats remaining. It was awful and I do fear this might happen as they do not agree with my decision to split my family up and have them sit with the groom's side as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics