Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Any September 2020 brides post-poning due to Covid19?

Jillian, on March 29, 2020 at 16:01 Posted in WeddingWire 0 48

Wondering if any couples for Sept 2020 have post-poned their wedding yet or when are you waiting until to decide? We have about half our guests that are travelling and flying in for our wedding.

48 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on May 11, 2020 at 10:25
  • Melissa
    Beginner October 2020 Greater London
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have been also told best to wait July but venue said we can postpone before if we want. We are due to get married October too and considering waiting till around June/July. We just have to decide at some point what is best.. We have wedding of only around 50 guests so that number might be ok but what if elderly people can't attend or not allowed to hug guests or be close to them on wedding day?
  • Geraldine
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Geraldine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Girl!

My venue postponed my wedding from June 20th 2020 to September 20th 2020...

I hope and pray things will be more contained by July. Besides the COVID19, this year hasn't been good for me emotionally, sigh.

• Tracey
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've just postponed from July 4th until September 5, 2020. Now I just have to pray that things are better by then. This COVID thing is horrible. I hope it ends soon. The stress of the unknown isn't sitting well. I hope I don't have to find a Plan C.

• Martine
    Newbie July 2019 Quebec
    Martine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiii!!! My wedding is Sept 12 also!! I have not cancelled or postponed yet..still to early to tell...but i've contacted ALL MY VENDORS and told them I needed a PLAN B. so I already have a second date in case September 12 no longer works. If I can't have my wedding this year...it'll be next year in September. What I suggest you guys is to do the same... contact your vendors..don't tell them you want to cancel or postpone but tell them you would like to book another date just in case! 😉
  • Natalie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we have guests coming in from australia and the states. They all know the date and location, (some have bought their flights +insurance) however, I'm not sending invitations until July. By that time I'll know if I need to do any major change like post pone or cancel.
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you have any guests that need to travel a far distance or fly in? I just feel guilty that we have half our guest who need to do so and if they can't get refunds on their flights.

• Natalie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding is on Sept 5. I think it's too early to cancel or postpone, so I will most likely wait until July to change if I have to! I have an appointment with the venue this May! Hopefully I get more info soon. I'm having my wedding close to TIFF, and they haven't canceled....yet. So, hoping everything is back to normal by then!!
  • J
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you,

Ya it's terrible there right now Smiley sadI pray she has enough ppe
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a great way to look at it! Being proactive isn't a bad thing and you're grabbing the plans by the horns right away to fix them.

I hope your sister is doing everything she can to stay safe. I can't even imagine what she is living through right now.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm in the same boat. Our wedding is planned for October 2, and since our province started enforcing travel bans my planning has slowed down a lot. My mom and I had been planning a decor shopping trip accross the border and that's obviously not happening anytime soon. We're also waiting until July to make a decision.

Lately I've dipped my toes back in with planning. I've been doing some Etsy shopping because I love supporting small businesses and a lot of them are having sales to encourage people to shop. Even if we don't get to have guests at our wedding we hope to elope on the date we picked, and that is helping fuel me to get some smaller things lined up like jewelry and accessories, and deciding about hairstyles.
    Try to bring a little more magic in wherever you can !❤️

• Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel the same way. I had family members coming from Europe and 500 guests for the wedding. I do not know what to do and have lost the motivation to even plan.

• J
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A few reasons:
    1. I don't like the waiting game, I'd rather make a decision one way or the other. The longer I wait, the less likely a sept date next year would be available.
    2. I've been following /reading a lot and it is my belief that this will not go away anytime soon, and if it did, I don't think they would allow large gatherings right away. Also potential for second wave etc. I'm not even sure I'd want my older relatives around that many people so soon after this.3. God forbid I lose someone, or someone I love loses someone and then try to have a wedding while being sad. There's so much sadness in the world at the moment that it feels like I don't want to care about my wedding right now. 4. My sister is a nurse in New York. My heart and my head are just focused on her. Even after this, life will be hard for her bc of what she's seen Smiley sad I want to be there for her as much as I can5. Out of country guests, would they be able to fly by then? Would they require a 2 week quarantine? 6. Everything's closed. I would have still had so many more things to do still! I don't want to rush and stress and scramble to feel like a hot mess barely-pulled-it-off on the day of my wedding.7. I deserve to feel calm and stress-free on our day, the rescheduling fee is worth my peace of mind.
  • Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    May I ask why you postponed it? Do you feel this COVID will not be over by then? Ahh this is so frustrating
  • lkbuck
    Curious January 2021 New Brunswick
    lkbuck ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are looking at changing the date to later in the winter. With schools in NB closed the rest of the school year and having to stay on quarantine until then, I need to stay home with our 3 kids (meaning I can't work) and my fiance is a small business owner who laid off his employees so our finances are not making it likely for us to have our wedding paid by September 6th. SO we are going to still get married in July and have our reception in the winter.
  • J
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We postponed our sept 19th wedding to next sept 2021. It really sucks and it cost us $1000 to change the date too
  • Victoria
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This was a hall in Hamilton,On. But, I haven't heard anyone else yet
  • Tara
    Beginner November 2020 Ontario
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you know which venues?

• EbonyAriana
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    EbonyAriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea! It's better to be safe then sorry and communication if HUGE in times like this.
    All we can really do is wait and see 🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough, we sent all our out of towners ( about 60 people) who need to fly in in early March before everything blew up. They have a RSVP date for May 15 and then the Ontario guests we will send out June. I was thinking maybe reaching out and extending the RSVP May 15 to end of June.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For invites, I was thinking maybe June. Everyone already has save the dates since December, so I have some time.
  • EbonyAriana
    EbonyAriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We sent ours out super early ( In February ) because we didn't do Save the Dates.
    Also because most of my fiance's family lives in England so we wanted to let them know all the details. If we hadn't already done it already for that reason , I would've waited until June to be safe.
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same, luckily almost everything is sorted out and paid for etc. When are you planning on sending out invites?

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When are you planning on sending out invites?

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you sent out invites, or when will you?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are aug and we havent postponed yet. im hoping we dont have too. im gonna wait till end of may and see what happens....

• Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same!!! Our wedding is August 8 and we planned to give out our invites in May. I don't even know anymore. I hate this uncertainty
  • EbonyAriana
    EbonyAriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are Sept 18 and honestly , right now it's a bit early for us to decide. We are going to wait another month or so. Maybe even until June or July and reassess the situation. We have our online meeting with the coordinator in a week and we will talk about everything then and see what she thinks but i hope it will be okay.

If anything we will still get married and just have the reception at a later date when everything settles down.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Heard today venues cancelling for September already. I feel that is a little premature. I'm hoping mine isn't cancelled Sept.5, but cant dispute it if it is. It makes me hesitant in continuing the last minute parts of my wedding that still needed to be finalized and ordered.
  • B
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can 100% relate to this... Excitement and motivation has gone way down and I kind of hate it. I received the proof of my invitations the other day and I was just sad about it. I'd hate to be rushed at the end trying to get things done but at the same time it might not even happen so why spend the time and money? I'm so sorry you (and probably others) are feeling this way too. Smiley heart

• Megan
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding date is October 24, and my wedding coordinator told me July is when I should make the call on whether or not to postpone, so I should wait until then to see how the world is.

The thing is, and I wonder if anyone else with fall dates feels the same way, my motivation for planning this wedding has dropped significantly. I don't want to spend any more money on something that may or may not be happening this year. But there is still much to be done, and waiting until July means there will be time crunch on a number of things. I also have Etsy orders of items coming from other countries that have been suspended because shipping them is far too difficult right now for the shop owners. What was supposed to be a really magical and happy time feels incredibly off and weird right now. I feel like I can't enjoy my planning or my engagement.

• Kallei
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kallei ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are September 26th, & we will not be making a decision until the end of June / beginning of July. It’s too early right now to tell how everything will be in the fall. If anything, we would downsize from our original 90 guests to 45 as long as the government allows group gatherings again. We’ve already been together for 8 years - we WILL be getting married regardless!!! Can’t wait any longer! Lol.
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough, my dad and step mom also live in the states Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics