Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gina
Super April 2019 Alberta

Alcohol Opinions!

Gina, on September 24, 2018 at 14:42 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23
We aren’t doing an open bar, I know that’s not a popular choice for some people. But drinks at our venue start at $10 (domestic beer) and go up from there. So, I’m thinking one of two things. And I’m wondering what you would prefer at a wedding?

Option 1: 2 bottles of wine at each table and each person gets 3 drink tickets.
Option 2: each person gets 4 drink tickets.

it will be over $110 for 2 bottles of wine, so I would be bummed if people didn’t drink it. Lol. But I find it classier to have wine at the table.

So what would you prefer when going to a wedding? If you aren’t having an open bar, what are you doing?
this subject stresses me out majorly! Lol
thank you everyone!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on September 25, 2018 at 12:17
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like having wine with dinner at weddings, but I know not everyone does. It depends on your guests, if you know the wine will get drank, I would go for it but if not I would just do 4 drink tickets. Those guests who want wine can use a ticket for it.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my experience going to weddings (and hearing from friends). wine tends to go to waste at weddings. but if you have a lot of wine drinkers. go the wine way. guest wise...I would do the 4 drink tickets. then they can choose what they want.

aesthetically...the wine on the table and 3 drink tickets looks better. but I personally would want the 4 tickets. hahah

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One thought on the Red vs White issue most people are mentioning - What I am doing at my wedding is putting two vouchers on each table that say "Bring me to the bar to receive your bottle of wine!". That way, they can pick if they want one red and one white, two red or two white.

• E
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you know the majority of your guests are wine drinkers go with the 2 bottles and 3 tickets, if you think most are not wine drinkers go with 4 tickets. For us my fh is Italian and his family and friends are all wine drinkers, we lucked out with our venue because they give unlimited bottles of wine at the table through dinner. Also will your bar be closed through the meal? If so then you should probably do wine on the tables.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like wine but only red.. and at every wedding I have ever been to no one ever drinks the white... so I would go with 4 drink tickets then people can have what they likeSmiley smile
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing something similar to your first option with wine on the table and two drink tickets per person!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I were one of your guests, wine bottles and drink tickets would look nicer for sure.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wine bottles at the table and 3 tickets sound good as drink prices aeem insane starting at $10 for domestic beer. I like to have wine poured at the table then to get up everytime to go to the bar.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally love wine so I would like the wine at the table and 3 tickets! But for those who dont like wine it might seem unfair? That they miss on that free drink? I would suggest 4 tickets and those who want wine can still get at the bar!
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our guests are not much for the wine, so we are doing wine poured at dinner ( it's cheaper for us instead of paying for all the bottles that wont be drank) and giving the guest each 3 drink tickets, limiting the bar to beer and a couple hard alcohols we know everyone likes. No coolers.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it really depends on your crowd. Me and my friends and are wine drinkers so the wine on the table will be enjoyed by all at our wedding. And I always enjoy the table wine and not havingto get up to get another glass part way through dinner. But I can definitely see where at some it would be a waste of money.

Ask both your parents what they think. They'll be your best resource if your unsure about it being drank at family tables. And you should know if your friends drink wine or not.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to know Kayla! That’s exactly what I don’t want to happen lol. Thanks for letting me know
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are 45 min away from any town. It’s in the Rocky Mountains, so it’s probably more likely that then can charge that much, not that they have too.
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    4 tickets. Your venue should find better partnerships with vendors to get cheaper fees if they are charging that much

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello we are having 2 bottles of wine on each table & 4 tickets per person, we also will be paying ahead for ourselves and probably for our party. We will be having free all night: pop, juices, water, coffee and tea

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

4 drink tickets.

We put 2 bottles of wine on each table at our wedding, and ended up taking most of it back home again.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not everyone likes wine, in fact many people do not like it. I think 4 drink tickets a person is better.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know! Its crazy, and definitely stressful.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is STILL plenty expensive! Given a domestic beer is typically 6.50$, max, in most any restaurant/bar I've been to!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally lied! Haha! I just looked. Domestic beer is $8.50. I think budget wise, we just went with $10 per drink and I got confused. Glasses of wine are $10-$15 each. But I guess with gratuity and tax, it’s $10.63 for a domestic beer haha.

Alcohol Opinions! 1
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yikes, 10$ for domestic beer? I am glad we rented a community hall and can do our own.

To answer your question - I would prefer 4 drink tickets.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your input Tori! I’m a big wine drinker so I don’t want to do things only based off of my likes. I notice that there always seems to be wine left! I love your idea of winning drink tickets as well! Thank you!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would prefer the 4 drink tickets just based on the fact that even at my work Christmas parties they put 2 wine bottles on each table but every time thus far everyone wants the red and not the white so it just sits there as no other table is wanting to trade Smiley atonished

Plus a standard bottle of wine would give roughly 6 glasses of wine X2 bottles = 1 cup per person if the table has 10 people? possibly 2 drinks per person if there are 8 and I mean I know that not everyone has a glass of wine. But it works out to being that exact drink ticket so the price difference is $10 a drink vs. $9.17 a drink if poured correctly otherwise more.

You could even play games at your wedding where they could win more drink tickets? I like that idea if I weren't doing open bar Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics