Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Adamay
Beginner August 2019 California

Airbrush makeup worth it?

Adamay, on September 18, 2018 at 02:03 Posted in Beauty 0 12

My cousin who does freelance makeup offered to do my makeup and bridesmaids makeup for free on my wedding day. I was always considering having my makeup airbrushed, especially since my wedding will be in the hot month of August. But my ceremony/reception is all inside, with just a few lawn games outside. So my question is: Should I have my cousin do our makeup using traditional makeup, or should I pay for a makeup professional who does airbrushing? Is it that much of a difference where I should pay full price?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on September 18, 2018 at 20:05
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd say that if you have "good" skin (I mean, not too oily or dry), just have your cousin do it. It's free and it's a lovely gesture from her to offer!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I dont remember the exact name but there is a finishing spray by MAC that is glorious!
  • Adamay
    Adamay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I was so thankful she offered! I told her that even if she doesn't want anything, that I'd still want to pay her for her services and she said to not worry about it because we're family.

I'm glad to know that there's not a significant difference with makeup! Thanks for the advice 😊
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed!!!

I've had airbrushing and regular make up applied. both have lasted the same amount of time without finishing spray. go with the free. that is soooo kind of your cousin to do that. I would just make sure bridesmaids tip her.

the oil free urban decay setting spray is THE BEST!!!! love love love it!

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol thank girl. I use Mac fix plus but my Bestfriend swear bythe one you use. I will stock up for the wedding.
  • Adamay
    Adamay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I personally recommend the Urban Decay All Nighter makeup spray. I used this for my college graduation and my makeup lasted! Mind you, I graduated in San Diego (Southern California) in the summer. We're talking about high 90f (~35c) temperatures, lol

• Adamay
    Adamay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm leaning towards going with my cousin also. I suggested having a makeup trial the next time she visits and she agreed! So hopefully it'll turn out fine Smiley smile

• Adamay
    Adamay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I was thinking! My cousin recently did all 6 bridesmaids for her friend's wedding in Maui last month and she said all the makeup was still intact by the end of the night.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What finishing spray do you recommend?
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am basically new when it comes to makeup. I really only do mascara and eyeshadow when i do my own makeup.

What is the real difference between airbrush and regular makeup. Is it worth it to splurge for air brush. Can you really notice a difference between the 2?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go the free route - if anything have your cousin do some touch ups here and there but seeing as how most people use traditional makeup with no problem I would assume that you will be fine. You could even do a trial with your cousin next summer? See what needs improvement and go from there.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly it's less about the makeup and more about the setting/finishing sprays! I have had makeup stay while on the beach in Jamaica swimming with a good long lasting makeup and finishing spray! I would take the freebie and maybe buy a good quality spray to use on all of you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics