Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Air Bnb for wedding party

Jillian, on February 13, 2019 at 13:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Has anyone rented out an air bnb for the wedding party for the weekend of the wedding?

We are looking at 1 that has 1 large common area and 4-5 properties attached to it with different amounts of bedrooms in each. (Just in case not everyone gets along.. lol)

We are thinking of doing it for our wedding and are looking for pro/cons for this.

It would be our gift to them and their spouses.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on February 23, 2019 at 19:33
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can’t say as I have unfortunately. Where I work, we tend to get recommendations from bed and breakfasts (though those can be really pricey in town). I’m sure though there are probably some good superhosts nearby who have a good reputation.
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks!! We live in Saskatoon,SK so we aren't too familiar with everything.

If your familiar with NOTL, the place is called Niagara Historic Inns, have you heard of them?

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great place! I work at McFarland House down the street and we get tons of bridal party photos outside. It's such a great place.

I've heard of this before and it's a great idea. As someone who's rented a ton of Airbnbs, there are some things you need to consider:

- use a Superhost or someone with lots of good ratings. Make sure to look for:

* remarks on cleanliness

* responsiveness, in case something goes wrong

- Find a place with decent parking for everyone. NOTL is a nightmare to park in sometimes and St. Catharines can be worse (if you're going for a cheaper option).

- Look at the type of accommodations. It may sleep 12, but 9 may be on air mattresses which might be fine, but if you have any family with back problems, it could be an issue.

- Location, Location, Location! NOTL is fantastic but Kurtz isn't exactly walking distance from old town or virgil, so you do have to consider transportation.

Good luck with your choices. I'm sure you'll come up with the best option for you.

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! We did notice that as well, it says it sleeps 18... but only 7 rooms.

We found 1 that has 1 common room building, and then 3-4 attached buildings with 5-7 rooms. So we are thinking that maybe renting 2 of those buildings with 5-7 rooms instead of 1 huge one would be good. If that makes sense.. haha

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having a wedding party, but have rented an airbnb home for a group of family members (my parents, brother, his kids, and some aunts.).

Be careful about sleeping arrangements. Sometimes a home that sleeps 10 does so on pull out couches, not via 10 separate rooms. And you may have to figure out a system for determining which person/couple gets what room.

Once you figure out the logistics, I'm sure it will be blast!

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this idea! I haven’t used them for something like this. But I love AirBnB, if the place has good reviews I’d say go for it! I can’t see any cons for it, unless something happens to the booking, but like I said, just check the reviews and you’ll be perfect!

I would love to have this if I were them. I was thinking of staying the night before at our venue, it’s a hotel though, we are booking the rooms the night of the wedding already, but I was starting to think maybe staying a night with my bridal party could be nice! I gotta talk to them and see what they think.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would really like that gift personally, this way don't have to find a place to stay. I am doing that for my girls and guys. We are staying in the places over the night before and night of. As we are local some are only doing it and thats fine. Everyone is still getting small gift besides that.

• Kristi
    Curious February 2020 Ontario
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So exciting!! My friends parents live near there.
  • Kristi
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I agree, definitely run it by them on how they feel about it but it’s your wedding and if you want your people by you then that should be what you have ♥️
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kurtz Orchard- Niagara on the Lake

• Kristi
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where are you getting married?
  • Kristi
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing this for our wedding and also having the reception there as well. A lot of places say no events or parties but there’s some that allow it. I’m sure that in your situation it won’t be a problem. It’s a wonderful idea and especially on the morning of the wedding! It really brings you together. Love it!!
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We would cover the cost for whole group including the spouses, which is 18 people.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This sounds like a great idea! Especially because it will be your gift to them!

My only con would have been if everyone was ok with the price!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest confirming with the host that they are ok having a wedding at their property. Several I contacted (we were going to rent an Airbnb for getting ready the morning of) were not okay with that.

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is also a destination wedding I should add as well.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We looked into doing this for our party as well.

I asked them what they thought of the idea, and most said they'd prefer to just book their own hotel rooms though.

I'd say run it by them.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pro's

- less for them to do

- they are close to where you are

con's

- it's used for your wedding instead of something they can enjoy

- it's a one and done gift (like paying for the hair and makeup)

Overall, I would honestly run it by the wedding party and see what they say? Maybe they would prefer a hotel, or maybe they would love the gift! I know that most people surprise their wedding party with the gift but me and my girls just talk it over and see what would be most beneficial and what they would like most. (Right now the consensus is to get their eyebrows all done real nice!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics