Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Devoted November 2019 Quebec

After wedding jitters

Rebecca, on November 18, 2019 at 11:28 Posted in Just married 0 8
Everyone has jitters moving closer to the wedding but anyone have them AFTER the wedding? I got married last saturday and I keep having anxiety attacks not about marrying my husband but that no one had a good time. I know everyone did, my husband and all our friends played kings cups all night, I danced up a storm, but I cant help feeling I missed out. They all tell these stories, and I cant help but feel left out. Whats done is done and I dont regret enjoying my wedding the way we did, its just my anxiety being stupid. I also have anxiety over my speaches and vows. Like they were super childish and stupid even tho I did my best. I keep having dreams that everyones laughing, and leaving the wedding without me and I feel stupid about it. Everything was perfect, the day went really well too! Just wanna know if anyone else felt that way?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 22, 2019 at 12:30
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not married yet. but just enjoy your day!! as long as you had fun who cares you did your wedding your way and thats all that matters.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The jitters feel more of after shock though it may be the things that bother someone. For most couples, I'd imagine the dreams and feelings aren't regular unless there was something missing.

The day is always great and memorable to remember.

I would say my husband got the jitters though I had and always have been strong and confident to keep things going.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are not alone at all! My husband did amazing with his vows, and not that I didn’t think he would write something so amazing, I didn’t think his would be so emotional, and I made mine not so emotional because I knew I would cry through them and people wouldn’t be able to understand me lol! So I had some panic the next day that they weren’t good enough, but my husband loved them.
    It’s also hard seeing pictures of everyone at your wedding, and I was like “ hey I never got a picture with them” or “ it looked like they had so much fun and I didn’t see them” but we are so busy on our wedding day that we are just in the moment and so many feelings come out afterwards !
    In the end we married our best friends and that’s the most important thing!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had these after finishing my degree. I would stop dead in the middle of my day convinced I had missed an important deadline.

Ultimately you can't go back, and as long as you have happy memories that's all that matters!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a weird feeling, for sure!

I know lots of people who came up to me or my DH or my parents and said how they had such fun, or the food was great.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I felt this too. I behaved almost flawlessly to the surprise of my parents and sisters because they thought I'd be a bridezilla. Given the few major mishaps we experienced leading up to the wedding (my original dress order being about two sizes too big prior to alterations, and a jewellery company I will not name losing my engagement ring), half of me was expecting something major to go wrong, and the other half of me figured I had already "paid my dues."

Anyway, I'm sure your wedding was beautiful and I doubt anyone had a bad time. I hope this feeling passes, but note you are not alone and we are here should you need to vent.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely felt this too, you are not alone!! (I thought I was!)

For me, it felt like it didn't really happen because it was such a good day. So logically, the wedding we were supposed to have had lots go wrong but it wasn't. I think it was me preparing for something big to go wrong/happen and when it didn't, I was pleasantly surprised but accused myself of blocking out some horrible memory of something going completely wrong, if that makes sense.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure felt stupid about my vows!! The officiant was giving me 3 or 4 words at a time and then a full sentence... Needless to say, I had to look back at him after repeating only 2 of the words. Not that bad right? Right after that sentence he gave me another full sentence!! Did he not learn I can't handle it??? lol Made for a good laugh in the end though.

As for the rest of the wedding; my DH's cousin had her wedding just less than 3 months prior so if that wasn't bad enough she chose the same colours as us!!! So ya, even after the wedding I was feeling all over the place as to whether people liked it or if they were comparing them or what.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics