Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Heather
Curious September 2020 Manitoba

Affordable rehearsal dinner alternatives

Heather, on May 24, 2019 at 07:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi everyone. A formal rehearsal dinner at our venue or a restaurant isn’t in our budget so I was hoping to get some ideas for a rehearsal dinner at home or a backyard. 25 people. Any ideas for food or even alternatives to an actual rehearsal dinner. I’m thinking bbq in the backyard or order pizza for everyone at our place. But any other ideas are appreciated.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sara, on May 25, 2019 at 13:29
  • Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My future mother-in-law really wants to help cook for the rehearsal night so we are just having folks at our place (about 20 people). My mom is taking care of our wedding cake as we decided to do cake and cake cutting at our rehearsal night .

Our whole wedding is very casual (I'm worried it may be TOO casual! hahah) so I really love the idea of having our closest people around for dinner and drinks.

• Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a bonfire and doing a wiener roast with salads and such. Nice an casual.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pizza for backyard BBQ rehearsal dinner sounds great. Simple idea of hamburgers and hot dogs with all the fixes and sides would be great to grab and fix yourself meal. Making fruit platters even is nice for dessert with your choices of other favourites.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think pizza is a great option because it's reasonably priced and easy to do haha
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to do a bbq. But instead we are just doing pulled pork, and pulled chicken in slow cooker. Then having a bunch of salads/sides. Might pick up some easy appies, or sushi, and some dessert squares or something. Smiley smile Some of our family even offered to bring different salads and such.. So I think we are only responsible for the meats and appies. We have a big suite booked for the wedding party to get ready in. So we are doing it there.

I would totally be happy with a bbq or pizza as a guest. We just can't do pizza cause it's our midnight lunch for the wedding.

If you are doing a bbq just do it at someones house. Or if you don't have the room are there any parks around there where you can rent like a picnic space for cheap?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say BBQ - and/or appetizers!

Appetizers like; quiche, spring rolls, wings, mozza sticks, fruits, veggies, pigs in a blanket, etc.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning on doing the exact thing! Since we are doing the rehearsal the night before, we don't want to be spending a lot of money, or getting too tired. So having it at a family members house is super easy!

You could do a BBQ, Pizza, have everyone bring something and make it like a pot luck, get some wraps or subs. The options are endless.

With 25 people, think of it as a really big family dinner!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing bbq in my mom's backyard for our dinner.. it was actually her idea and we loved it. Our rehearsal is early in the day though and the venue said to keep cost down they can do light wraps and sandwiches.. so we will do that.. and then at night everyone is invited to my mom's for a big bbq

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics