Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Morris
Newbie September 2019 British Columbia

Advice on Seating Chart?

Morris, on August 19, 2019 at 13:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hi I have a question regarding titles on the seating chart.

Background: We have a wedding size of 104, the place cards were made without regular Mr. Mrs. titles but some cards has distinguished titles such as Dr. (I know we should have kept it consistent - unfortunately that was a mishap)

As we're doing the guest seating chart, should we keep all the names without any titles? Should we stay consistent with the place cards and only have distinguished titles? Should we include all titles such as Mr. Mrs. ?

Thanks in advance!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kayley, on September 5, 2019 at 10:22
  • Kayley
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Kayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would stay consistent!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I were you, I'd keep it consistent. You've already made the choice to do titles like "Dr." along with "Mr." and "Ms.", so just leave it be.

• Natalia
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had place-cards for my engagement party, and I put only the names down, I didn't include titles because I didn't want to make a mistake and offend someone. It's your preference if you have everyone memorized with their titles, then go for it!

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a personal choice and sole dependent on how formal you wish it to be. We didn't have place cards at all. One of our officiants is a PhD and we noted that in our wedding program but not on the seating chart. Our wedding was LGBT and thus we decided to eliminate such titles in the spirit of not offending anyone. Good luck and happy planning!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Recreating the guest seat chart will take more time to adjust the titles. The names itself is fine which they will find their tables and name cards too. Your ok to keep ir the way it is since no one will even remember you had Mr or Mrs in front of their names.
    I had all the names without titles too when writing out the name cards and on the Thank You cards.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it's necessary to re-do the place cards - unless it really bothers you. It would depend on the price for me.

If you decide to have them re-made, skip the titles entirely.

If you decide to leave them as is, I think you should include the ones with titles on the seating chart - keep it consistent.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me being the black and white person I would have them remade - DEPENDING on the price. If it would cost me an arm and a leg then I would just brush it off. If it would cost less than $30 then I would do it.

Don't make any rush decisions though - I'm sure that there will be more people in the community chime in with their opinions too!

• Morris
    Newbie September 2019 British Columbia
    Morris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The foiled place cards 22/104 has already made with distinguished titles unfortunately. Should we remake them to maintain consistency? Or leaving it be? Your thoughts and comments are very much appreciated!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to either have all of them with a Miss/Ms./Mrs./Mr./Dr. or none at all. I'm not one for doing just "distinguished" titles. Would make me feel like my title is less than theirs and not worth mentioning and they are all and mighty.

Since you are having a medium size wedding I would think that it could go either way. For weddings that are like 30 people I would say that you may as well include the titles as there is room but depending on how you showcase your seating chart it could go either way. For my larger wedding of 250 we will most likely skip the titles as room is an issue on our board.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics