Alexis
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Advice on bouquet

Alexis, on 11/May/2018 at 18:12 Posted in Plan a wedding
Hi ladies,

Okay, so I'm not a flowery person in the sense that I see myself carrying a beautiful floral bouquet, and given the fall wedding I wanted to do something different. So I went with pinecones. I've been trying to figure out a design that my wedding planner can replicate with real greenery and SOME flowers, because there are hardly any designs for pinecone bouquets. So here's what I came up with. I could use some feedback.

Advice on bouquet 1

Advice on bouquet 2

Advice on bouquet 3
Share:

14 Replies

• Jennifer
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·

I really really like it. so unique. and fresh looking. I would maybe put a bit more greenery at the back (those larger leaf pieces) just to fill it out a bit. if that makes sense.

and you have so many options decorations wise. could do some centerpieces with just pine cones and greenery. some with just the flowers. some just greenery.

• Victoria
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Victoria ·

Oh my goodness, those look beautiful! Great job!

• Kay
    Frequent user September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·

I think that looks fantastic! I think they'll definitely be able to run with that kind of design. How unique!

• Erin
    Featured September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·

Beautiful! Well done! I think that will be great inspiration for a florist.

• Alexis
    Alexis ·
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate the feedback and knowing I'm not crazy for doing something different 😉
  • Lynnie
    Administrator October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·

I love this idea! I was just a bridesmaid in a friend's winter wedding and she incorporated pine cones in her bouquet as well:

Advice on bouquet 4

Photo by Birch and Blaze Photography

• Kaisha
    Devoted March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    I love this!!
  • Bethany
    Featured July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    Beautiful! Enough said! 😊
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·

I really like it as well. I saw that you are doing burgundy as your colour palette as well. You could even add a few cranberries in there (even fake ones) to add a very small pop of colour if you want. I do love it the way it is though.

• Alexis
    Alexis ·
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Yeah, the faux lambs ear wasn't quite working the way I wanted.
  • Stephanie
    Super May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    I love this idea!! Still very romantic!!
    My only suggestion is with the leaves that you have coming out at the side, 3 areas of them, maybe have them all hanging down the bottom? The 2 sets of leaves that are coming out the sides is throwing me off a little bit, but if you have the leaves coming down the bottom I think it'll give it more of a bridal bouquet feel?
    Image attached sorrybisnt very good! But you can see more of the large leaves hanging down at the bottom!

Advice on bouquet 5
  • Alexandra
    Expert November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra Online ·
    This is soooo cute! I’m not a huge flower person either but I adore this look! It’s really beautiful and wintery and the pinecones really bring out the white in the flowers!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·

I think it looks very beautiful!!

• Lydia
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    It looks super good! In my opinion you could definitely just straight off go with this and just use it as is. It looks really nice!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles