Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Adults-Only or Kid-Friendly?

Lynnie, on July 22, 2019 at 07:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 37

Will kids be welcome at your wedding? Or are you planning on an adults-only affair? What's your wedding vibe?

Adults-Only?Adults-Only or Kid-Friendly? 1

Photo from Durali Villa in Vernon, BC

Or Kid-Friendly?Adults-Only or Kid-Friendly? 2

Photo from VIP Kids in Vancouver

Next Question: DJ or Band?

Back to the Beginning: Style Showdown

37 Comments

Latest activity by Briana, on December 20, 2019 at 11:43
  • Briana
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We initially wanted an Adult-only but ended up adding a few kids to the invite list because we were told we had to. In the end, we will only have about 6 children and are putting on the invites specific names so people are aware that plus ones and extra kids are not welcomed.

• Debbie
    Beginner June 2021 Alberta
    Debbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adult only for us as I have attended too many wedding ceremonies with screaming children myself.

It is going to be a kink in the plan though as our groomsman is having a child in February and we are getting married in June. To top it off it is a grandchild of the groom but we will not be making an exception on this as it is our day.

The baby is more than welcome after the ceremony and speeches but children are so far not included. It may cause some issues but most of our guests are past young children and deserve to enjoy themselves as well.

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Adults only; it helped us cut down on our guest list and we want people to really have fun and relax
  • Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid-friendly! We have young cousins, neices and nephews & friends with children that we would love to be there. Our wedding is also going to be earlier in the day so the kiddos don’t have to be up late.
  • July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid-friendly wedding for mine. I need my nieces and nephew to be apart of my big day.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly for sure, but these kids are used to crazy parties lol
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing a kid friendly wedding.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Initially, we were going with no kids with the exception for the bridal party....It was more for numbers than anything. We realized that the bridal party only would be half the kids we'd be inviting anyway!

I'm excited to make it kid-friendly and have a friend of mine helping me make up "kid-kits" (like loot bags) to help keep them happy and entertained. She did it at her wedding and loves the fact I am copying her idea.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of the most important aspects of our elopement is that our kids are there and are comfortable and happy. I see this as just as much their day as it is our day so we are ensuring it is special for them.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly! if they choose to leave their kids with a babysitter that is fine. but kids are their families and should be welcome! thats just my thought!

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having some children but have limited the numbers. We are only having our nieces and nephew which are in the bridal party and any first cousins (some of mine which are still children) however we are not premitting cousins to bring their children etc.
  • Melissa
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would've loved to do adult only, but as most of our guests will be travelling from out of town for the wedding it just didn't seem fair or appropriate to ask them to either leave their kids at home for the weekend or try to find a babysitter in a city they aren't familiar with. Plus it'll be fun to celebrate with our nieces and nephews!

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is adults only with exceptions. MOH has a 2 year old, my cousin can bring his 2 year old bc they are coming from out of town and my FH uncle will bring his son whos 4. Other then those 3 we don't have a lot of kids. My cousins who will be there and my FH brother are the youngest and are 12.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly wedding as family is important to celebrate too.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours will most likely be kid-friendly. With about 5-6 kids inn there. I'm planning on a kids' table

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is an adult party though our own children will be there for the meal and hopefully picked up just after first dances. If other people bring their children that's fine as long as they are watching them.
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Initially we were going to have no kids, but we've changed our minds and went with kid friendly. There are just so many kids in our families, really hard to say no. Plus, we have 2 daughters and we love kidsSmiley heart

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding will be kid friendly!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was a tough call for us since we have a lot of kids in our family.. however there are a few of them who are awful and not well disciplined. I wouldn't put it past them to go and out their face in our cake or pull all the plugs on the speakers.

however, they will still be attending and their parents know they must watch them all the time.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We not strictly kid-friendly, but there are only a few guests (3) under 16 years old. They are our flower girl/ring security/senior ring security and most of them will probably leave before the reception.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly. I couldn’t imagine celebrating our new family without inviting all our close family
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly. We both have nephews in the family that we'd like there.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults-only with the exception of our ring bearer and flower girl.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults only with the exception of our sisters kids until supper

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults only for the most part. The youngest people are two of FH's cousins who will be 11 and 12.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t specifically say “no children”, but most who have them are leaving them at home for the night. The ones that will be there are family mostly.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just a few kids. my FH's eldest nephew (who will be almost 14 at the time of the wedding) is a groomsman so he will be at the wedding along with his two brothers. I'm inviting my cousin's two daughters but we're keeping kids to a minimum for sure

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had adults only, except our 6m old son. This way people can let loose and have fun without having to worry about kids getting in the way. Parents night off !
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did Kid Friendly! Kids all met each other and had a blast and kept each other entertained as well as had the adults entertained with dance offs haha! Parents took kids to bed around 10 and came back to party! It was great!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults only! We will have two adolescents (FH daugther, and FH sister) there as they are part of the wedding party but that is it.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults only. The only kids that are coming are our nieces and nephews. We had 2 in our wedding party and couldn't exclude the rest of them.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It doesn't really matter to me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics