Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandra
VIP November 2019 British Columbia

9 days until the wedding and I'm starting to get sick

Alexandra, on November 14, 2019 at 23:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16

I'm so unimpressed right now. I'm 9 days out, getting everything finalized and I'm starting to get sick. I'm so hoping this is like a quick cold for a couple of days but I'm a little worried it might last longer or I'll pass it to my fiance and he'll be sick on the day. Yikes!

Any advice on things to help a cold?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on November 18, 2019 at 19:51
  • Megan
    Curious July 2020 British Columbia
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Take emergen-C ASAP!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope youre feeling better!!!!!!

• Kristi
    Curious June 2020 Quebec
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Drink a Gallon of water every day! tea with lemon, lemon, and ginger. Take multivitamins and Vitamin C / 3 times a day to boost your immune system. PHO soup is the best when your sick really unclogs all the sinuses and rest as much as you can Zzzzz. I hope your top shape on your wedding day.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got sick 2 weeks before our wedding and was honestly doing anything I could! So good that you have done the Cold 911, I swear by that when I’m sick. Other than that sleep as much as you can
    Take a really hot bath with Epsom salts!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the suggestions guys- I've already had a cup of David's Cold 911 and it really helped for a little while with my throat. Gonna try out some of the other suggestions over the next couple of days and just hope I feel better ASAP

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Load up on medicine and take it every 5 hours (or whatever the box says) get tons of sleep, lots of lemon and tea!!! and maybe some ginger!! gargle with salt water as well

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cold 911 is my go to when I am sick as well! With honey and lemon. Perfect cold fixer.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sleep. So much sleep.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both DH and I did EmergenC a week out from my wedding to prevent ourselves from getting sick - it worked well! It's recommended to take it with food so keep that in mind.

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Start pounding back the vitamin c. During cold season I usually take 2 per day but when I feel something coming on I start taking 4. Sometimes I don't even actually get sick!

My nutrition prof claimed that vitamin c doesn't prevent you from getting sick but on the very next slide he claimed it boosts your immune system and as far as I'm concerned that's the same thing, so...

• L
    Curious June 2020 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here's the thing- most of what people are suggesting are meant to fight the symptoms. If you have a head cold, for the most part, there is nothing you can do to actually make it go away faster. The only thing you can do is make sure you don't prolong it and that requies rest and care. A cold shouldn't last 9 days if you are staying well rested, eating well, and are generally healthy. If you want to fight the symptoms, go ahead, but remember that if you feel better after taking medication, you shouldn't overwork yourself because the cold might not be gone yet and it will come back stronger if you don't rest properly.

• M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oil of Oregano is the worst thing I've ever willingly put in my body but man oh man does it work. Drop a few drops into a teaspoon of honey or peanut butter.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My go-to's:

Oil of Oregano (can be put in tea or what not - OR apparently it now comes in pill form!!! which is good because it's a little nasty)

Vicks Vaporub (under the nose, on the chest, on the bottom of feet - with socks on!)

Hot baths/ Steamy Showers

Exercise... I know that most people tell you not to work out when sick but it helps me?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cold 911 from David's Tea is a life saver.

Honey and pineapple are good for killing cold and cough bacteria too!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I swear by David’s Tea - Cold 911. I find my colds are cut in half, of not more.

I also take ginseng, echinacea and vitamin C pills/tables. Some people swear by zinc too but I’ve never tried.
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/jamieson-echinacea-vitamins-c-and-d-wild-cherry-zinc-lozenges/6000101671296?cmpid=sem_google_en_pla_none_868545289_76686332525_None&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAk7TuBRDQARIsAMRrfUbKyiR9JJSZI6qKWXljWbMSgNs4r-8sWRomuvIxAAYWbnfeGVy54ukaAtnjEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds Try these, I always use them when I find myself coming down with a cold and I find they really help.

Also: ginger, oil of oregano, tea with lemon and honey and lots and lots of rest! 9 days out you should be totally fine by the wedding if it's just a normal cold. Maybe quarantine yourself from your fiance to avoid passing it onto him!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics