Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

8 months out and missing...what?

Peggy, on September 4, 2018 at 10:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Today marks the 8 month mark until we say 'I do'. I'm in the middle of a big lull in planning, which of course makes me feel like I'm missing something! Haha, I'm sure I'm not the only bride who has felt that way.

What did you realize you were missing in your planning?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on September 5, 2018 at 15:27
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went through a BIIIIIG lull between about 8-9 months out, and about 5-6 months out... honestly, you can keep browsing ideas... but once your vendors are booked, there's kind of a big gap, unless you want to start on decor projects... I won't be starting mine for another month.

My next big thing is my bridal shower this weekend (super early due to timing of out of town guests), then sending out the actual invitations at the beginning of October.... then into the DIY mode.

Don't worry... as long as you're following any of the major checklists, you're probably right on track!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took so many breaks during my planning! We went pretty simple so I never felt overwhelmed! My theory was "if we haven't thought of it by now, it's not important." One thing I did which was helpful was make a list of everything that we brought to the venue that needed to get back to us and who was going to take it. We left before the cleanup. My friend sent out an email with the order of group photos so those involved would know where to be and when for those photos. Just things that make it a little easier for those involved!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just hit 9 months away and I'm feeling the same! No matter how many times I go through my checklist I still dont feel like I'm doing enough! We thankfully have a bridal show in Toronto next weekend we are going to go and talk to a few extra vendors for entertainment and make sure were not forgetting anything!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks - the only one of those things I haven't done is an emergency kit; I really just was hoping that I wasn't the only one feeling like this. Plus, getting tips is awesome!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am less than a month out and definitely remember feeling this way at time throughout planning. Here are somethings to think about if you haven't already:
    - bridal party attire
    - Cake decorator
    - Florist
    - buying stamps for invites
    - work on music list (must-haves, don't plays, etc)
    - making a wedding emergency kit

hope this helps Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I go through planning waves where I'm really into it and getting things done, then I also get to the point where I've forgotten to book my officiant and FH is out of the country for work for 3 more weeks lol. I'm totally a mix of both but I've also got tons of lists and checklists going and cross-referencing to ensure that I don't miss anything!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, I definitely felt this way at this time.. and many other times throughout planning!

I didn't miss anything because I was very diligent and had MANY lists. I think as long as you have all of the big things booked, and a dress, you're good to go.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics