Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missa
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

44 days ! Excited but Anxious!

Missa, on July 3, 2019 at 13:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

Guys I have been planning this wedding for over a year and a half and I can honestly tell you that I look forward to not having to plan a wedding in 44 days! It doesn't help that we are getting married in a different province! I am really organized and I feel like most of the stuff have been taken care of. Big stuff Left on my list - confirm our flower arrangement ( I am getting silk flowers), get our marriage licence, work with my wedding coordinator on my timeline, and complete the seating chart. The rest are just little details such as writing thank you cards, buying candy for the candy buffet, etc.

I am an anxious mess even though everything is going smoothly ( other than my bridesmaid fighting over my bachelorette a month ago but apparently this is fixed now). I am not quite sure what I am afraid will happen, but if I learned anything over this process is that managing so many personalities for your big day can be a handful! I have a wedding coordinator who should be able to fix any behind the scenes hiccups if any for the day of, and I keep telling myself that if I go to bed on August 17th a married woman, I will have had a successful day!

How do you ladies deal with the stress, knowing its upcoming up and wanting everything to be done ? I am also very excited, we got our rings engraved over the weekend, we went shopping for gifts ideas for each other and I got very emotional when I read the script for our ceremony! It's just been alot of emotions to take in!

26 Comments

Latest activity by Missa, on July 24, 2019 at 08:06
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have the same wedding day Nicole!! It's coming up so fast. I did it all by myself too - I hired a wedding coordinator for the day of so I could have help with the timeline and the day of (she's also my decorator) but its been a fun but a bit stressful experience. Before we know it we will be married and all this planning will be behind us!
  • Nicole
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is in 25 days, and also getting married in another province. We live in AB currently, getting married in BC. It has been a task to plan the wedding from here (and doing it all myself with no planner). I'm sure your wedding is going to be absolutely beautiful! In terms of stress, I haven't dealt with it well. It's been months of anxiety and extreme stress and I just can't wait for our day to be here.

• Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much Misa! I've been doing the same and googling 'top 10 things brides forget about for their wedding' and they've actually come up with some really good results that I hadn't thought of. Just finalizing the ceremony music and finishing up the yard since we are having ours at home.

Wishing you all the best on your big day Smiley heart

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg 20 days!! It's so soon Smiley smile You're right, it does go by really fast. I have been watching youtube videos by Jamie Wolfer ( a great wedding coordinator who has videos with all tips like 25 things not to forget etc) and making lists just to make sure I am on top of everything!

I think that it's pretty normal for all of us to feel a little overwhelmed, it's not like we have any experience in planning a party for 100+ people! I definitely look forward to be marrying my man and I'm super excited for our honeymoon that will be coming up soon after. Congrats to you, I hope you will enjoy the last couple of weeks and your day will be just as beautiful as you imagined it Smiley smile

• Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hear you. I am under the 20 day mark until our wedding now and am starting to feel anxious as well. Almost like a cheese ball of emotions. Excited and then anxious. Surreal and then panic of what I may have forgotten. I am really looking forward to not planning a wedding anymore and feel pretty similar to you! I think all of it is pretty normal and I think all you can do is feel every emotion as it comes at you to get the whole experience of the event.

When it starts to get really heavy just take a step back, take a deep breath, and remind your self what is important about the day. Getting married to the one you love. Everything else is just extra.

Congratulations and these days will go by faster than you think. Everything will be wonderful.

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Vinod!

Wow! Lots of coincidences with us! Congratulations on your upcoming 2 year anniversary
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dionne

I was going to say your area isn't far from where I am and you both would be getting married close in dates by a week and a day of our anniversary. We will be coming to 2 years in August 25.

• Dionne
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My wedding is at Cardinal Golf Club in King City. I'm.sure your wedding will be perfect in every way. I can imagine with you being out of town that makes the nerves a tad more heightened! Do you have a coordinator? I've not much left to do except meet with our photographer and DJ. I also have 2 more dress fittings. My MOH is pretty awesome and frills me every so often on what needs to be done. Cant wait ti see your pics! You're right though our nerves are pretty normal at this stage of the game.
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No way! Where are you getting married? I am the one who lives out of town so it makes it hard - I haven't seen my bridal party since the xmas holidays. I think it will be okay and I think ( I hope) that it's normal to feel nervous! Do you have alot to do still?

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I honestly didn't realize there would be so much drama loll I have been a maid of honor 3 times and every time I just buy what they tell me, show up when I am expected to and play the part!

Looking forward to enjoy the day of that's for sure!

• Den
    Newbie August 2020 Merseyside
    Den ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm glad for you goodluck

• Dionne
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is also Aug 17!!! I must admit I am freaking out a little bit. We have a bridal party if differing personalities. And one liberal out of town. We ste having great challenges trying to get everyone together in one space for a pre-wefdin debrief. I think we will get together with whomever can make it and the others will just fall into place. We are not having a rehearsal at our venue because it's out of town and they charge $160 per hour. Nor will we have a rehearsal dinner. I'm nervous about all of this but you are right...if I go to bed Aug 17/18 our wedding will have been a success. Good luck
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So exciting! I love planning the wedding, but the damn drama that comes with it is stressful. Thankfully I have my sister to vent to which is amazing and she gets the whole wedding drama stuff.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most of them are really good and few who just don't care and won't fake for anyone- 2 dropped out because they couldn't get along and variety of other issues.

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow!

I think my girls will be good at ''faking it'' at the very least. I did tell them when they were planning my bachelorette that they could just go ahead and cancel it and I would just figure something out myself because I wasn't going to have my best friends fighting a week before my wedding day. So after that it did calm down thankfully. I hope your bridesmaid will be able to just suck it up for the day!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My wedding party didn't get along until after we had a buck & doe and they all had to work together. Some still don't, but I told them all- if you can't put me before your self on my wedding day, keep the opinions and comments to self, not get along, or act like a brat I will ask you to leave the day of and won't be putting up with it. They all said they would make it work, also explained that paying a lot for photographer so I don't need them acting like they can't stand near each other during the photo's and turning out like crap. They understood and if they don't day of they will be asked to leave. Two girls who really didn't like eachother before buck and doe worked together so well and now are planning a bach for me together! Never thought that would happen

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! Exactly. Its like the big things are mostly done but you don't want to forget about the little things either. We got this though Smiley smile Im trying to cross a few things off my checklist everyday/week.

The speeches are hard, you don't want to forget anyone. I have a note in my phone and everytime I think about something I write it down!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I understand that. Its so overwhelming when you decide who to go with!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is! I am trying to tell myself to be excited for it and not worry so much about the possible fights!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its who I am too! I love Lush, its been my savior, and trying not to drink TOO much wine hahah

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile I think I do, I have a master check list and been giving myself a few tasks a week so I don't over do it haha. I think once the bachelorette does happen it will be better, I can't imagine they will fight during the wedding (right?!) lol but yes, Im going to the gym, and venting to my FH!

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married a week apart (I'm getting married on the 11th), so I feel you! There's both so little to do and so much to do at the same time. I have to finalize the ceremony, music, reception timeline and seating chart. I'm stressing most over my thank you speech.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m with you girl, I want it to be done and I’m still over a year away! I’m basically done planning but felt overwhelmed with all the choices of vendors.

Thats so exciting you have less than 2 months to go! Woo
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seems the checklist is coming down to its final details and timings for the day.

Stress wise, its easy to say to the girls they should put their best foot forward and not put up a fight. Can't be unless something does come up. Be excited and look forward to your day and celebrate it till your hearts content to its fullest with everyone.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the same boat! I have nothing really to worry about - but it's who I am! lol

To deal with the stress I find that a bath with a bath bomb from Lush and a glass of wine do the trick quite nicely Smiley laugh

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very exciting! You have worked your butt off planning it and sound like you have it all covered. a day coordinator will be a life saver! I know you have soo many personalities but once they work together or finally spend time together, it does get better. I have a huge class as well with personalities.

For me the stress, I get either on a cleaning spree which I hate lol or go for a run which isn't me either. It helps me a lot though, or talk to someone I know will just let me vent and won't make comments that will make it worse.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics