Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

4 Days Left

Courtney, on July 3, 2018 at 17:03 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

I'm at the 4 day mark. And the anxiety is setting in BAAAAAAAAAAAD.

I was fine until today, and now every so often I get what I can only describe as an anxiety attack (which I normally don't get).

I know I love this guy, but its such a MAJOR commitment which I do feel you should take seriously even if you know 100% sure you want to do it. And there's so much pressure for the day that I'm convinced something major will go wrong.

Just needed to let it out. I'm panicking a bit.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on July 4, 2018 at 12:14
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh goodness! I should definitely not complain. I'm sorry you have so much on your plate, hopefully today has been better!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm feeling better today. All your words of encouragement were really really helpful. Thank you to this amazing community Smiley heart

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't panic! Everything will be fine and your day will be perfect! At the end of the day you are still marrying your best friend and that's all that matters.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your done everything at this point of the big things and now time to sit backa nd get pamapered soon. Everything will be fine and no rough patches along the way.

Just in case do take your binder or folder of informtion of vendors to make sure you can get in touch. Its usually good to have as a back-up (going to a hotel that is).

This is your time to do anything fun before the big day and go through the plan with your wedding party to finalize their part of responsibilities.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a good idea! Even taking an hour break from it all can make all the difference!

In the end you're going to look back and wonder why you were so worried, but all that matters is that you get to marry your best friend!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm at 4 days as well! I was feeling fine this morning, but this afternoon, it all happened! Fiance picked up his tux, and they ordered grey pants instead of black. His jacket is black, Wouldn't these people wonder why they ordering grey with black? Anyway, two of the groomsmen already picked theirs up and didn't question the grey pants, even though they were told to order black. Apparently they will have black ones in Thursday. But if not, my fiance just won't wear the jacket (the grey pants look okay with horizon vest and tie).

Then, my brother told me his mother-in-law is not able to come as she had to fly to Ontario to visit her dying mother (totally understandable) and another guest had emergency surgery and might not be able to travel the 5 hours (again, totally understandable). Then, my MOH emails saying she needs to talk about Saturday because she doesn't know how to get around now because her boyfriend might be working. Her boyfriend was supposed to come. So, now we are out potentially 4 people (one person had backed out a couple weeks ago after saying yes). Again, two of those are completely acceptable reasons, so we're out 2 people.

And, it's supposed to rain on Saturday. It's fine. We have a back-up plan which is still a nice location for ceremony and pictures. But, I'm still a little disappointed, because it wasn't what I've been dreaming the past 9 months.

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can just imagine how stressful it can be so closer to your special day. I know for me I attract what I say I want. It also is true for what I say I don’t want. So focus on the positive and that everything is going to go smoothly so you attract the good vibrations. I’m very excited for you and your special day and I hope it is amazing like all your dreams.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s totally normal! It’s probably mostly anticipation and it’s stressful worrying about things that can go wrong. I’m getting married next month and it just keeps hitting me like omg this is finally happening!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok I'm loving the term "garbage zone out tv" haha!!
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awe girl! I promise you, what I hear the mostfrom brides is that something will go wrong, but you won’t care. You’ll be staring at your husband, seeing all of the happy people surrounding you, the room will be filled with love from those who are SO happy for you. He’s is your man. You are his woman. Forget the small stuff. Take the time to relax and enjoy each others company. ❤️❤️
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the other girls... Take time for a date, or even a mini-date... Do something totally non-stressful, just for the 2 of you...

If it helps, go through a checklist, and remind yourself you've got everything done and under control... If that may freak you out more, just unplug and relax.... Take a bubble bath, watch garbage zone-out TV, read a book...

You just need to remember that the day isn't going to be perfect, but it will be perfect for you.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree!! You're probably going through a whole bunch of emotions which honestly has lead me to bad anxiety before too!
    Take an evening to yourself if you can! Go get pampered! Nails done hair did! Order in dinner! Your day is going to be amazing!!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your wedding is going to be great! It's probably part anxiety, part excitement! Things will go well and the day will be beautiful Smiley smile

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stuff probably will go wrong. But what matters is that you will marry your love. As long as that part of the day goes smoothly, everything will be joyful regardless of the mishaps Smiley smile You got this!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You've got this! Take a time out from wedding panic/ planning and go on a date! Remind yourself why you are choosing to marry him Smiley smile maybe even just a nice walk in a park or a picnic lunch in the sunshine or something!

Im also at 4 day countdown and we went out for dinner and a movie 2 nights ago and it was lovely. Nice to get an evening to relax amid all this chaos.
  • Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are 25 days away, I know this person is right for me, and we're almost done the planning. For me it's the fear of something going wrong that is completely out of my control. I understand the feeling, for me, I'm trying to carve out time for just the two of us to do something completely unrelated to the wedding. Like an Ikea trip, or a beach day. Take a step back and remember why you're taking this step. We are really trying not to plan it to death and remember that something can go wrong, but if you approach the day with an open mind, you'll be able to overcome any potential problems.

Above all, try not to get lost in the madness. If you can work through the planning process and try your best to take a step back and enjoy the next few days!

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm still 100 days away, but honestly all my anxiety and headaches are about the day of and having things go wrong. Also my mom is not helping at all always giving me more stuff to stress about. I'm 110% sure I'm making the guy for me.

Just think that in 4 days you'll be done and all the stress can just disappear. You and your FH being together is all that matters in the end.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics