Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie May 2021 British Columbia

2 photographers + 2 videographers--too much?

Emily, on October 31, 2018 at 18:35 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

So I want a videographer for my wedding as I've heard from a lot of brides that this is one thing they really wish they did. The company I like is a duo of two. Now I'm also looking into a photographer and my top three choices are all husband/wife duo's as well! So that would mean there would be 4 people going around taking photos/video at the wedding.

Do you guys think this is too much? My wedding will be on the smaller side--around 80-120 people I think so I don't want things to feel awkward at all for my guests. But at the same time I don't want to regret skimping out on this kind of thing!

Does anyone have experience with this or can give me any advice? Thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on November 6, 2018 at 19:51
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do as you please!

We're having between 180-250 guests, and even if I was having your amount of guests I'd still have 2 photographers and 3 videographers!

You're doing this only once, don't skimp out on the only memories you will have.

I say go for it girl!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 people is standard for both these services especially for photographers It ensures for them they don't miss any key part. And when doing group work they have a spare person to direct people and keep things moving and not get too behind. Also getting ready they don't need to be running between both of you all day/night to get all the getting ready and detail shots
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with this! I don’t see it being a problem unless you’re worried it will be too distracting!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you can afford it - go for it. If I could I would do the same thing, of course my guest list is 250... I like how Candace put it. A photographer and videographer for you to get ready with, and the same for him. Then a set on you and a set on him for the ceremony. And for cocktail hour you have it covered even though you are getting pictures taken.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having the same size wedding with the same vendors. Two photographers and two videographers.
    They shouldn’t be in the guests faces or be too disruptive during the ceremony (as long as they have experience).
    We really like this idea because then we can have one of each vendor focusing on myself and one on my fiancé during the ceremony so that nothing really gets missed. Then when we are getting photos done one will stay with the guests and one will come with us so again we get optimal coverage of everything.
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Usually I’d say it’s not too much, I’ll be hvaing two of each as well but for a smaller wedding it might be overwhelming for the guests
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's definitely more than enough to capture every nook and cranny from your wedding day. Is it too much? I think so. I think one photographer would be suffice with 2 videographers to capture all the important moments of the day.

• Emily
    Newbie May 2021 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for your input! If I get one photographer and then the 2 videographers do you think that will be ok or still too much? 3 people seems a bit more manageable?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Too much for a small wedding. Your budget will be way over than expected. One set of photographer is enough for what you need.

I paid and got 2 people as my photographer brought a back up in case.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For such a small guest list, yes... that's excessive, logistically. But if you have the budget, and that's what you want, then go for it. Honestly, I can afford one photographer, no videographer, and my guest list is about 100. She will be able to capture everything we need, but if someone suddenly gave me $3,000, I'd get a second photographer and a videographer.

You could keep looking and find a photographer/videographer duo? One of each? I've seen a few of those while at the wedding shows in Vancouver.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics