Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Devoted October 2019 Ontario

11 Months Away

Amanda, on November 13, 2018 at 12:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

WE are 11 months today away from the big day and I'm nervous. We started planning about in the summer and thought things were going well until I looked at the calendar. We have been so busy with life, kids and Christmas plans the wedding stuff has been put on hold. I looked at my to-do list and there is still so much that needs to be done. Sadly wedding planning is put on hold until the new year. My question is, does anyone else feel the overwhelming pressure around this time of year? I am worrying about Christmas, wondering how to squeeze in paying for wedding stuff. I'm feeling the pressure from vendors to book ASAP.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 16, 2018 at 23:55
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are 4 months away and still have not booked all our vendors, I wouldn't stress too much. I found once we started making decisions it came together very quickly.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You feel the pressure building up in yourself. Let the season and put the plans on hold for now after new years. Tackle the tasks one by one then and feel assured your on the right track.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The stress is real! I feel like there's no time to plan anything and the pressure to get things like my dress ordered ASAP so it doesn't get held up with holiday orders (since a lot of people get engaged/plan their wedding around this time).

Just tell yourself that you can tackle one task per week or 2 weeks so you don't feel like you're putting your wedding on the backburners. It can absolutely be squeezed into the holidays, just take on small tasks Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh yeah! The pressure is for sure on for a lot of us this time of year! Trying to balance all of the holidays and friends and family as well as have enough brain power to plan a wedding! It's crazy you are not alone!

I have been slowly crossing things off my to-do list month after month and I would suggest to do the same! Maybe plan to try and have 1 wedding task done each week over the holidays and then can get back into full mode in the new year! That was you aren't doing NOTHING so it wont increase the stress but still even getting one thing checked off makes a world of difference!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics