Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Beginner May 2019 Ontario

100% chance of rain

Jennifer, on May 22, 2019 at 09:49 Posted in Ontario 0 12
Hi All!
I am getting married on Saturday and the forecast is calling for 100% chance of rain and thunder showers. Our venue is indoors, but I can't help but feel anxious and worried about my hair/make-up and dress getting ruin in transit. How would you handle this situation? Any ideas on how I can keep myself dry and not a wet mess? I feel so worried.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on May 27, 2019 at 23:33
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure where you got married but I hope your weather was as cooperative on Saturday as ours was. It stormed from 6-7am then went between sunny and overcast until it down poured as we were finishing photos!!
  • Tonya
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Tonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good luck with everything tomorrow!! Hopefully the rain will hold off until after your ceremony and pictures. Wishing you lots of happiness and congratulations on becoming a “Mrs”!! ❤️
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL yes, my maid of honor suggested a shower curtain... Rofl!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It should - if not, then you could just use a garbage bag! lol not the most fashionable but it may make some pretty funny looking pictures!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Tonya. I have a hair appointment booked with my hairdresser here in my city in the a.m. but have to travel to a different city for the wedding, so unfortunately I can't get my hair done at the venue, but I can definitely do my makeup there. Good idea!
  • Tonya
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Tonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Tori, if you can get dressed at the venue that will help save your dress. Are you doing your hair and makeup, if not get whomever is going to do it, to do it at the venue.

Fingers crossed for for a better weather forecast!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Tori! Yes, I think I might just get dressed there -good idea! I was going to wear my hair down, but maybe a plastic grocery bag will fit eh? Lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that for sure get changed into you dress at the venue - but as for the hair and makeup: if it's an up-do then maybe you could wear a shower cap? And overall just maybe have a real good umbrella and see if you could get somebody to drive you to the main entrance and then valet your car or something along those lines?

P.S. Not sure if it helps but if there is lightning that may make for some great pics if there are windows Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Becky!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I had thought of tarps but then thought everyone else would be soaked. I would see if the venue has any tents that you can rent from them as other places might be pricy

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did have plans outdoor photos, but that's okay if we can't do that. If I didn't have to be at the hall first, I was thinking some people could hold one of those tarps over me so I can get inside - but unfortunately it's just me and my maid of honor. I don't have any bridesmaids. Very smart idea - a tent! I wonder if I could rent something.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed forecast changes! I would defiantly suggest many umbrella's. Do you have plans for photo's and all that as well? is there a way that you can be very close to the entrances? I don't know if possible depending on venue for a tent of some kind near the entrance

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics