Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

1 month (30 days) to go!!

Allison, on September 19, 2019 at 13:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

We're officially at that 1 month mark now!! There's been some hiccups/stress leading up to this moment, but hopefully it's relatively smooth sailing now.

My MOH is definitely feeling the pressure/stress from school (which was a worry I wrote in This discussion here). She's stressed that she won't be a good MOH, even though she doesn't have many extra duties from the bridesmaids. Since she started her semester, she feels cursed (something is always going wrong) and is worried her curse will follow her to the wedding. I'm definitely trying my best to help and support her, but I also have the final things to worry about, and usually it's the MOH supporting the bride, not the other way around lol. I do have others to lean on but it still kinda sucks.

We did our seating chart, and while it was stressful, it wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. I've been that guest before where I've looked at it and said "I'm sitting at that table?" but since making one myself, I'll never do it again lol - plus, the guests and move around and mingle.

Is there anything that I could be missing? We have our licence and officiant - so legally getting married is good! I feel like a lot of it is finalizing details with vendors by 1 week before. All the parent/wedding party gifts are bought, emergency kits almost assembled. We'll need to pack for both wedding and honeymoon so that's still needed to be done, but don't want to do that too early. I go for my final fitting 2 weeks before and pick my dress up then. There is some things I can't do until I'm in London a week before the wedding (put DIY and decor together in one area).

Hard to believe it'll all be all said and done in a month!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on September 23, 2019 at 13:38
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same!! I'm so excited that I'm anxious!

• Denise
    Beginner October 2019 Nova Scotia
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Eee yay I'm excited and nervous and everything else
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

26 days now date-twin!

• Denise
    Beginner October 2019 Nova Scotia
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay me too! 🥳
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Time flies by so fast you don't realize how much small details matter to get done. You do have everything on track and set to go along with your vendor team/wedding party.

Putting a seating chart is one of those puzzles of where people are going to be seated and importance wise. Fair that you didn't get as stressed since its you this time knowing they are your guests and husband to be.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Ashley, I feel like I have everything organized!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yayyy!! one month!!! sounds like you are all prepared!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have all the signs - venue takes care of seating chart and they have my list!

I put together my place cards based on table. We won't be setting up so definitely will have a list of what goes where, along with an illustration, and what needs to leave the venue.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So exciting! Once we hit a month I feel like it has flown by, literally 15 days away now!

I think you have everything under control. Make sure you have all your signs for tables (Guest book, seating chart etc). If you guys are not setting everything up, have a list of where everything goes and a list for what needs to be picked up at the end of the night!

It all comes super fast! Make sure you run your lists by someone else so there are another pair of eyes on it. My MOH (My sister) is coming home next week, so I will be running everything by her then!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My mom and FSIL helped us out (mom came to visit, FSIL skyped us) with the seating chart lol. Definitely would be more stressful on our own.

Guest book and supplies are all together. We aren't doing a memorial table with photos so don't have to worry about that.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Coming fast eh???

We are planning on doing the seating chart this Sunday - I can't even start it on my own it's way too big of a task to seat 200 people!

The last things that I need to do are to get the guest book/blanket together and the pictures for the memorial table - do you have those done?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics